~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Sunday, August 19, 2007

August evening...



For some reason this evening my mind has wandered right through the office window, past the immediate view and beyond the horizon, travelling all the way back to Astoria. When I found this picture, depicting what I'd term a *perfect* August evening on the river, I thought I'd post it here.

Maybe it's because both Texas and my part of Washington have been well-rained upon lately, and I am longing for clear, quiet skies. Or perhaps it's just that we're so looking forward to the day come when we get to spend some time there, sharing a view of which I'll never grow tired, nor forget. We'll toss bouquets of flowers in the river, an offering of love in memory of parents who've crossed over and have moved beyond our view, and we'll spend some time making memories of our own to look back upon.

Shawn
***

No comments: