~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Saturday afternoon...




...and I’m sitting here with my coffee, listening to U2 and thinking about the days ahead. There isn’t a mountain of desk work at this point (for me, anyway), so that means there’s time to do some around-the-house organizing, which is a good thing. The lavender needs to be cut and gathered, so maybe some of that will get done this weekend, too. We’ll dry and tuck it away to be used in sachets and maybe use it for some of that lemonade and shortbread wedding cookies. It has the most amazing and heavenly fragrance. I’m awfully glad SGTex likes it too. We plan on making a trip out to the lavender ranch, not so far away from us, and someday hope to take in the festival out on the Olympic Peninsula, which we missed this year. There’s something old-fashioned and comforting about lavender. It reminds me of my Great Aunt Ora.

Speaking of weddings, there isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t think about ours. SGTex is working on the ceremony and vows whenever he gets a chance. It’s going to be a very special day, and will be here before we know it!

Meanwhile, I’d better get busy. Here comes Sylvester, the neighborhood black and white kitty who sleeps just outside the window every day. We think Sasha, our Persian kitty knows he’s out there, and most any time I glance outside I spot him curled up in a ball in the sunshine. I’m glad he likes us.

Shawn
* * *

Here's a mellow tune, courtesy of SGTex:

No comments: