~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Monday, and we're still glad to be home....



Still not a lot to say, but SGTex showed me this cute "Peanut Buddha" and I had to have it for the blog!
We're getting into the day-to-day routine back here at home, both working pretty much full time right now, so that's good. The office is shaping up, slowly but surely. Some corner shelves and the 3-in-1 have yet to come. That will be helpful as we organize. Speaking of shelves,I really suspect I'm shelf wacky. I see a closet or a cupboard or some out-of-the-way spot and I think, "We must have shelves there." SGTex has already started installation, and we're due for a trip to Lowe's before too long.

Like I said, the trip was wonderful. We saw such incredible scenery. It was amazing, really. There was especially one spot in either Utah or Arizona that was so completely desolate, yet beautiful, it overwhelmed me. We covered over 2000 miles, and when I think that was just a few states (we were in WA, OR, ID, UT, AZ, NM and TX), and there is so much more to see. I guess we'll have to start sticking $$ in a cookie jar for gas for future travels. Hopefully the prices will start to go down, rather than up.

We highly recommend the Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life in Lehi, Utah. That was really impressive! Oh, and NM corn, lol. We stopped for gas and got some fresh "roastin' ears" from a farmer, so we're working through those. Window Rock, AZ is incredibly beautiful. Astoria, OR is as charming as ever, and we really appreciated the hospitality of Mickey and Blossom at the Astoria Inn. The river-side restaurant Baked Alaska has some killer salmon with black rice!

We're back to work for now, though. In a couple of weeks we'll be heading to Fredericksburg, TX for the Oktoberfest, so will report some news about that.

Shawn & SGTex
****
(comic courtesy of the Seattle PI Bizarro 09-09-08)

No comments: