~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy New Year....



I've been wanting to use this picture of a Texas dandelion for some time, and it looks like fireworks to me, so here it is! Beautiful! I hope you like it.
Did everybody have a nice Xmas? We have, and will enjoy the holiday spirit well into 2009. We're looking forward to going to the King Tut exhibit in Dallas and will stay in a posh B&B. There will be New Year's gongyo and possibly another museum visit, too. Then on the way back home we'll pick up Sebastian.

I'm going to be starting out on a new account in January, too. New puppy and new job, all at the same time? What was I thinking?? LOL!! Life around here is about to change....

I've been thinking a lot about friends and family up in Washington, where it's been more like Alaska than the normally mild climate of Puget Sound. I'm sure it's pretty, but a little of that goes a long way, and I'm sure everyone would like the weather to simmer down. We were so blessed to be able to run around barefoot with windows and patio doors open on Christmas here, although I am looking forward to seeing a little bit of that Texas snow...(I said a *little* bit, mindya!!)


Well, SGTex has the bacon and pancakes going, so it's time to sign off and check on the coffee.

We'll be back soon with a puppy update and our upcoming trip news, but meanwhile, we're sincerely wishing you all a most blessed 2009!

Cheers!!

Shawn & SGTex
****

No comments: