~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, July 16, 2010

...add color to my sunset sky....

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

                                                           ~Rabindranath Tagore

This is how it looked in Virginia this evening.  I'm not sure if we had a sky as pretty tonight here in Texas.  If we did, we missed seeing it, as SGTex has been hard at work here in the office and I'm keeping him company. Thank goodness it's the weekend, as we're both pretty tired, having had more stress than we needed this week. 

We did have some positives to balance the negatives, so we're grateful for that.  What do they say, "Every cloud has a silver lining?"  I don't know who "they" are, but I would imagine it's true, or people would have stopped saying that long ago, right?  LOL. 

We're on the *wedding home stretch* these days, so that contributes to the heightened emotion around here...look out!!!  Yesterday morning the phone rang and woke us up, and it was about a package that was being delivered with the wrong address.  I evidently mixed up my old house number in WA with our present street name here in Texas....duh.....but sure enough, this morning the dogs started barking and here was the package being delivered, in spite of my dufusness ;+).  Talk about service, huh?!  And no, it wasn't by USPS, if you were wondering, heh heh. 

Anyway, I just stopped by to share this beautiful picture of a sky that gave some encouragement to my friend Jeannine, the photographer.  She knew which direction to look when she needed a lift, and so do we...I hope the same goes for you.

Happy Weekend!!

Shawn
****
photo courtesy of: My friend, Jeannine Coats Cooper, photographer (who can be found on Facebook)  ;+)

1 comment:

me said...

What a beautiful post . . . wish I had your creative writing skills. Thanks for the shout-out and the compliment on the picture!!! jg