~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Sunday, September 12, 2010

OMG, Honey!!! Forty days.....

.....and so much to do!!!!

Can I tell you a secret?  Okay, sometimes I think about what it's going to be like--in *41* days, LOL!  When it's all said and done (and paid for-haha), everything we're wondering about, as in "How are we going to manage that?" will be--you know, like--completed. 

Also, I imagine what it will be like to get out of the car and hear our music playing downtown....seeing SGTex standing there....Look at the pompoms hanging in the tree, and the flower petals we've collected and dried to scatter, with our special songs playing...our near and dear folks who came...the wall-of-water fountain with the lotus floating in the pool....the ritual, the vows, more music, the readings, what Shawna will have to say, what I'll say, what SGTex will say...

Then, it makes me smile to imagine that last bit when the bubbles start to swirl around us and float up to the sky to Jackie Wilson's "Higher..."  :+)  

It's going to be wonderful.  The whole kit and kaboodle of it all.  Each task we have yet to complete is sweet and happy, really.....I'm sitting here at the desk which is pretty much obscured by polyurethane and ______s (that's supposed to still be a secret) sitting around waiting to be wrapped and beribboned and tucked in pretty gift bags, etc., etc....

I found this picture when looking for wedding bouquet examples.  I just finished--wait, no, it's not quite finished, come to think of it...But what I was saying was, this picture made me smile, as it's a great, nearly exaggerated depiction of the 1920-style bouquet.  I wanted some ivy trailing a bit, but this is like, woah....more than plenty, there....charming.  Wouldn't it be something to see these in color?!  Although, come to think of it, the flowers are likely pale shades of spring, but still it would be lovely to see. 

But this morning before we even actually got up, we watched "Bearwalker of the North Woods" on Animal Planet.  SGTex got up and called DishNetwork and made them give us Animal Planet (with only about 15 minutes to spare) so we could watch Dr. Lynn and Sue work their bear magic.  It's really a great documentary, and I can't wait to see what BBC is going to do next.  Who'd have thought people like us in Texas would get all wrapped up and be so involved with Ursus Americanus-types up in Minnesota?!  Well, we are....

SGTex has been busy wrangling the newish job into something that works for him, and after the wedding is over I'm hoping that he'll have more time to do his writing and get some free time with absolutely nothing that has to be done.  I bet when that happens we'll be seeing more of HIM on this here blog....Yay!!!!!

So, I guess I'd better see about getting this show on the road and get busy.  Or, I might just grab some more coffee and call a friend ;+).  If your phone rings in about 10 minutes, that'll be me......

Shawn
****
photo courtesy of : petalina.files.wordpress.com (and I have no idea where they got it, lol!)

No comments: