~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Evidently....

....in my case, anyway.

Sometime this past week it came to my attention that I am in need of a change, and I've come to a slow, drawn out, screeching halt. (I know, that doesn't quite work, but take my word for it. You'd have had to be here.)

But, you know, I kinda like routine. I thought I enjoyed the same sort of work, for instance, repetition, familiarity. It doesn't get monotonous, nor does it breed contempt.

I confess, I do like things to be arranged in a certain way....Furnishings, for instance. Hey, I'm not the one who thinks it's time to rearrange the furniture every few months. I have a friend like that from way back, and hardly a month has gone by and she'll be re-doing the whole house. Everything turned upside down, wrong-side out, and Shazaam, it's got a new look. Well, except for that one teensy little matter of what really needed changing: The man in her life. Wait, that would be a "who," wouldn't it? Mm hmm.... I have a feeling that before too many more refabs and rehabs go by on the house he'll get the hint and Shazaam. I mean scram. ;~)

Still, changing it up a bit once in awhile can be a good thing. I found that just getting out in the sunshine gave me a whole new point of view. It was remarkable how different things seemed in the "light of day."

Moral of the story: Take a little break from the routine in order to avoid a big one.

Cheers!

Shawn
****

No comments: