~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, April 19, 2013

So much to say....

.... and so little time...

I feel a bit like this rabbit looks.  Where do I begin?  I've got so much on my mind and could jump in so many different directions with this post. 

I guess I'll just do the usual "Isn't it a beautiful day?"  Well, it is.  Despite the news reports of various tragedies and problems and issues, it is still a beautiful day.  Things are still going to be all right, or as "all right" as they can be with the world spinning as it does and people acting as they do.  Perhaps I should say "acting out as they do." 

Have they caught the 2nd marathon bomber yet?  We had the news on all night long, watching the melodrama in the Boston area and the aftermath of the disaster in West, Texas.  We still managed to get a pretty good night's sleep, because this is still America.  No matter what the naysayers say about us and our politics or way of life, we here in the USA will be fine.  We're still mostly good people with good intentions and good thoughts and feelings.  Not too thrilled with Congress (or about half of 'em) and how they caved to the nasty NRA and didn't do what we feel like they should have done about the gun regulations, but the story isn't over and a new day will come when common sense and decency will prevail.

Speaking of decency, I want to say "thank you" to the people from all over the planet who have taken time to send their kind greetings and good wishes to the people in West, Texas after the disaster there.  I was seeing on CNN how that has been such an encouragement and just wanted to express my gratitude.  We are, after all, children of the Universe and we do dwell together on this lovely planet.

I'm still going to feel like this rabbit, sitting in a lovely garden, pausing while I decide what flowers to pick and which direction to take.  Will probably just stop and take a look around me to appreciate the good things and be grateful for the life I have.  It's not perfect, but it's a lot better on good days than I could have ever dreamed.

I hope it's much the same for you.

Shawn
****

No comments: