~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flag Day in the USA


I went searching for something to post about Flag Day and ended up with something else entirely. It's quite apropos, however, since both SGTex and I are currently doing the mental stretching necessary to adjust to new platforms in our work situation. It's funny how that worked out. We're in the same business, have a real working home office, and we're simultaneously in the throes of vocational evolution. I think we'll both breathe a sigh of relief when we've got this bit behind us and our "weekend" is within reach.

Anyway, I thought this was pretty interesting...Any of these sound familiar?

New Job Lingo: What it really means... (and why I prefer working from home--my comments are italicized)

JOIN OUR FAST-PACED COMPANY - We have no time to train you. (We get good training, actually)

CASUAL WORK ATMOSPHERE - We don't pay enough to expect that you'll dress up. (I prefer working in, well....let's call 'em pajamas. I shan't speak for SGTex)

MUST BE DEADLINE ORIENTED - You'll be six months behind schedule on your first day (Always have the TAT looming in our biz)

SOME OVERTIME REQUIRED – You’ll work nights and weekends. (BTDT)

DUTIES WILL VARY - Anyone in the office can, and will, boss you around. (LOL. No comment, except to say there's just the two of us in this office. Oh, and that I'm madly in love with The Boss)

MUST HAVE AN EYE FOR DETAIL - We have no quality control. (In our case, it's all about quality control).

Work happy!

Shawn
***

Photo: Clearwater, Florida

No comments: