~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, October 12, 2007

Good morning, Monarch...


I came across this lovely photo on the Daily Texan Online website this morning. The October 12, 2006 caption reads "Media Credit: Texas Parks and Wildlife
Monarch butterflies, which have begun their migration to Mexico through Texas, compete with other local insects for flower nectar and are one of the few wildlife groups in Texas that are not suffering from the drought."
I just thought it was pretty, so chose it as today's picture.

I'm just sitting here thinking about getting on with my day, but will probably go back to bed for awhile. Coffee is on, the cat is awake and fed, and I'm grateful that I don't feel much like I did yesterday when I was a bit 'under the weather.' (Do people still say that these days? Sometimes I think I talk like my grandparents!) I think it's going to be a very nice Friday for us. I wish you all the same!

Shawn
***

No comments: