~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Serendipitous Sundae...I mean Saturday....



Serendipity. That thing that happens when you're searching for one thing and get surprised by finding something else. It's usually a good thing.

I'm not sure why it came to mind, but I've always liked that word. As SGTex was heading out the door to run a couple of errands (a couple of hours ago, now...just where the heck did he get too!? But I digress), he mentioned that we should really find a name for the car, so I've been thinking about words and stuff. (Oh, here he is now...and he got DONUTS!!! All's forgiven, LOL xoxoxoxo)

Anyway, where was I? Oh, it seems that I had some time on my hands and started thinking about stuff- which is almost *never* a good thing. So, I googled "serendipity" and here I am. Images brought up this cool picture, Lordsaveme, of a serendiptous sundae. Forgive me, but I'm not even going to try and find out how they came up with it. Must just leave well enough alone.

So, where I'm kinda going with this is, on another board a bunch of us were talking about politics and had a healthy debate going. I posted something and kinda got off the track, mentioning what I considered to be a blessing (finding my wedding veil that's more what we wanted but cost even less, that sorta thing).

*Which caused someone else to ask about our plans, and I answered in some detail. *Which caused someone else to come along and, by asking a question, attempted to put me down.
*Which caused several someone elses to come along and, in defense of my Man and I, show kindness and friendship to us in a Big Way.
*Which caused us to be even more blessed, and we are so grateful.

In other words, sometimes I set about looking for one thing and end up finding something else altogether. Even better.

I like that. Very much.

Shawn
****

photo borrowed from reneeashleybaker@wordpress.com, Reuters

No comments: