~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where there's room in the heart, there's room in the home....



That's what my Grandma Mac used to say. I've seen that (or a version of it)done up in tea towels and embroidered on pillows, so I doubt that sentiment originated with her, but it applies. Or it should.

I don't know what actually got me thinking about it. Maybe it's pre-election jitters causing me to think about the security of hearth and home. Could be it was a phone conversation with Carol, looking forward to her upcoming visit to Texas. Or maybe it's about wedding planning. Or SGTex building shelves and organizing the storage room and me washing the good china to stow safely away until we order the china cupboard for the dining room (that comes after the wall is painted and a couple more bills get paid). I guess it could be any of those, or a little bit of all of them.

Anyway, the important thing is that our hearts are in the right place, attempting to keep our home free of all those stresses and worries that seem to come knockin' at the door these days. That's easier said than done, but we're managing, I think. We're both having some job stress (his is good stress, mine is wacky stress, lol). Days are filled with the usual stuff of working long hours, trying to keep ahead of the bills, the cat fed (she's turned into a little con artist and has figured out how to get 2 breakfasts in the morning....), the fruit bowl filled, and the garbage emptied, gas in the car (under 2 bucks/gal,now). Seems pretty normal to me.

Life is good.

Shawn
****

No comments: