~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I know, it's me again....



...and I have no idea why I'm back so soon. We had a splendid weekend--the very best ever, in fact. Spring is happening here at our little cottage, what with the front door painting all finished and some planting done. The gardening is underway, so we're pretty excited about that.

I'm finding it somewhat interesting to read and hear what America has to say about the Health Care Bill...Wow, there's a lot of vehemence and melodrama by the conservatives who resent reform being thrust upon them, with head-shaking and eye-rolling by the more liberal folks who wonder why something wasn't done lo, those many years ago by the Republicans when they had the chance. Well, I guess it's a matter of hindsight being 20/20 and "we woulda if we coulda." Now we will just wait and see how things pan out. I've always been fascinated by politics, yet find it dismaying to see how easy it is for discussions to break down into arguments and hurling insults. Personally, I wonder if there might not be just a little bit of racism that's burbling under the surface. Kind of a "who do they think they are" mentality, which I find revolting, don't you? I thought so.

Today SGTex went to his Interfaith Council luncheon and meeting where his friend Mr. H.T. made an interesting presentation of several prayers and shared about matters of Islam. What he's told me about it has been absolutely fascinating. We're lucky to have people like Mr. H.T. here in our town.

Well, I guess it's time to call it a day, so here's to a wonderful rest-of-the-week!!

Shawn
****

No comments: