~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, March 26, 2010

"When the power of love....


....overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Perhaps we could give peace a chance right here at home. (Okay, Lennon just kinda slipped right in there, lol)

I've been reading and listening to what people are saying about the Health Care Bill and all that has happened since Sunday. Honestly, I'm appalled. Not at what passed or what didn't pass into law, but what has come to pass in the hearts and minds (what's left of them, that is) of America's sons and daughters. People seem to be ignoring reality and are being hateful on both sides (but especially the conservative extremists, who seem to ignore facts and blindly spew hate rhetoric).

Maybe I'm saying that as an excuse to post this beautiful window being created by Jack M, a friend of SGTex. When I saw it, I was blown away by how lovely it is, a work in progress. It spoke to me at the time about what it actually takes to accomplish peace. It doesn't just happen without considerable effort, and every step taken toward reaching peace is beautiful and meaningful and necessary.

But peace, when it is attained, remains fragile. It must be handled with care so as not to be broken. If that should happen, we pick up the pieces and begin the work again, in order to achieve a new, even better peace...

It's something I'm working on understanding better. Jack has a picture of the original window he created. I'm not sure, but I think it had an accident (something about a dog, lol)... Maybe we'll get to see the finished project one of these days, and by that time peace will have been given a chance.

I certainly hope so. Thanks, Jack. We're impressed.

Shawn & SGTex
****

No comments: