~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I'm not alone, I'm free....


.... I no longer have to be a credit, I don't have to be a symbol to anybody; I don't have to be a first to anybody."  Lena Horne


I spent quite a bit of time looking for the right picture, and frankly was overwhelmed with the selection!  Obviously a woman of class and great talent.  Here she is at the Waldorf Astoria. 

I don't know a lot about Lena, but feel compelled to say something to mark her passing from this life into the next.  I'm sure she's already missed by many.

A sense of humor, a powerful voice (that she complained about--what??!!), a magnificent smile....One tough lady who obviously looked life straight in the eye, grabbed each day and gave it a hard shake, haha!!!

I'm glad she had such a long life.....  It's good that we'll get to remember Lena, thanks to surround sound and the silver screen.  And Netflix ;+)

Bye bye, Ms. Lena Horne.

Shawn
****

No comments: