~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Monday, May 24, 2010

What not to wear....

Okay, this is *not* what I was going to blog about today, but gee whiz, no matter how many times I slap myself, I can't seem to shake off the urge to say something.  Really. 

I had heard that the Chinese are irritated with people in Shanghai showing up downtown (see how that goes--up--down--lol) in their jammies during the 2010 World Expo.  In fact, they've hired women (who wear red banners) to stand around on street corners and stop/scold pajama-wearers and send them home to change.  Apparently, the Chinese don't want to give visitors the wrong impression. 

Anyway, this is what Venus wore yesterday at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, the fashion capital of the world.  It must have shocked the socks off her opponent, Switzerland's Patty Schnyder, loser. 

I can only imagine, as Venus triumphantly walked away, that many in the crowd were thinking like me, "Now, there goes a winner." 

Shawn
****
photo courtesy of CBS news online 05.24.2010

No comments: