~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A windy wedding....

Disclaimer:  Okay, so it's a windy day and I'm pretty much in wedding mode for the next few months.  There's a good chance my blogging might kinda roll in that direction.  Consider yourselves warned.... ;+)

Isn't this a great picture?!  I would have loved to have been there.  Hey, I would have loved to have been the photographer that day. 

I'll admit it.  Wedding planning can get pretty interesting.  Basically what's on my mind these days is the guest list.  We don't have an A list and a B list, per se.  What we do have is the means to accommodate a certain number of our Near & Dear ones, and we hope those who will be joining us on our wedding day will be glad to be there.  I picked up a great tidbit on a chat board one time, and it was this:  Limit your guest list to those people who you feel sure will wake up on the morning of your wedding and say, "Yay!! It's Shawn & SGTex's Big Day, and I can't wait to get there!!"  Anyone who doesn't fit that picture might rather stay home...Hmmm.
At the time I read that, I basically thought that I'd better be the one-- no wait, *we'd* better be the ones waking up with that attitude, heheh!!  IOW, we sincerely hope that those we're inviting will be glad to take part in the celebration.....

And there will be cake.

Shawn ;+)
****

photo courtesy of:  Foosies, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/

No comments: