~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, September 24, 2010

Autumn's arrival....

From what I gather, most everyone is saying, "Finally!!"  Seems like summer just flew by, and here we are.  There will still be some pretty warm weather, but it is time for leaves to be falling and turning pretty colors.  We won't see much of that around these parts, but other places really put on a show.  One of these days, I'd love to get up the east coast to see the leaves turning-- it's on my bucket list ;+). 

I almost decided to find a picture of a roller-coaster.  That's the kind of ride it's been for me, the last week or so!  Whew.  You know, I never wanted to ride the rollercoaster at the fair, for good reason....and I still don't much care for it, in the metaphorical sense, lol.  Still leaves me queazy and with that sort of disturbed, somewhat cranky feeling, when things aren't altogether as they could be.  That's when it's time to stop, get off and take a breather.  I suspect I should have taken SGTex up on his offer of a fuzzy navel cooler yesterday, but maybe it will be more effective this afternoon, when I can appreciate it a little more, haha. 

Speaking of yesterday, it was just pretty much perfectly awful for the most part, just the whirling dervish emotional stuff that comes with trying to mix work and wedding planning and the day-to-day stuff.  Then came a knock on the door, and it was a neighbor lady asking about "a little tan dog with a black muzzle...."  This particular little dog moved into the neighborhood and has made himself a real nuisance.  A tiny dog with a gigantic attitude, terrorizing all the well-behaved dogs within miles (including our two pups).  Well, he'd been hit by a car and killed on our street, and she was wanting to make sure where it lived.  It was very sad, and I cried...I really, really hate it when that happens, and it could be avoided with more care given to keeping dogs at home where they belong.  Sigh.....

Anyway, today seems better, and there's miles and miles of work to be done, so I'm going to coffee up and do it.  I hope your Friday is the beginning of a great weekend for us all!!

By the way, welcome to the oodles of new blog readers from interesting places around the world.  We're at 55 countries, all of a sudden, and I don't know how that even happened!  But, hey!  I'm sure glad it has :+)

Shawn
****
A really cute Texas birdbath (not in our back yard, lol) photo courtesy of:  http://americainshort.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/autumn-956.jpg

No comments: