~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Saturday, January 22, 2011

How beautiful it is....

.... to do nothing, and then to rest afterward. ~Spanish Proverb

I love this picture that SGTex chose. He doesn't know I'm borrowing it for the blog, but here it is... :+) It matches, and I love it! (Thankyou kindly, Mister)

Well....If I were giving out 'the worst week just about EVER' awards, this last one would win, hands down. No kidding.

The worst thing that happened: SGTex lost a dear friend, who will be sorely missed by many. Here's to A, someone I'd really, really have liked to meet.

The best thing that happened: Lily the Black Bear had 2 little cublets yesterday. She and little Hope (who celebrates her 1st birthday today) are tucked away in their winter den getting acquainted. Talk about sweet!

So far, the weekend has been just fine. A beautiful, somewhat chilly but sunny Saturday in our part of Texas is fading into a lovely evening. My Man is out in the back yard harvesting some pecans. The puppies are running around in circles waiting for the back door to open, so they can give their own particular version of 'glad tidings' and be overjoyed at him, lol. Sasha the kitty is asleep in the office window, and after I rinse this shampoo out of my hair, I'm going to go see about scrambling some eggs. With ground beef, red bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.

Oh! Wine...we must have wine....

Shawn

****

photo courtesy of: SGTex, a fantasy album cover, depicting 'the age of ice.'

No comments: