~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Monday, January 31, 2011

Run your fingers through my soul....

For just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once, just once, understand. (unknown)
I wonder what this world would be like if we had a better understanding of what was going on in the hearts and minds of our fellow sentient beings?

Last night SGTex and I were watching "Space Cowboys" on television and we got to talking about satellites, how it was a show about satellites and the fact that we could watch it because we have satellite tv. I went to sleep thinking about how different life is now than it was years ago, how the world is smaller, thanks to today's technology.
Thanks to yesterday's technology, he and I met (via the Internet, wow).
Thanks to Facebook, lol, I'm much more aware of what's going on in the lives of people who matter to me that live on the other side of the planet. (Hey, the planet doesn't have sides, lol!!)
But they do matter, these people who share what's on their hearts and minds and I can click "like" or comment in an instant, with them responding, or not. I swear, there are some friends who must have a bell ring or a buzzer go off at their desk when I post something....haha. I'm not one of those friends collectors who have thousands of so-called Facebook friends, but do have more than a few with whom I share interests, memories, family ties, or the need to agree to disagree about religion or politics.
It is fun, and I do think it's important to have that sort of connection with people around the world. Should I actually have something to say, it's nice to know someone might just read it and might just respond.
Yeah, but how about those with whom we spend our days and nights? If you're anything like me, every once in awhile I just have to stop, look over at my Man and marvel at what must be going on in that mind of his....Hmmmm.
Yeah, I do, and that's when he says, "Hey, why are you looking at me that way??!!"
I just can't help myself, Honey. Hahahaha ;+)
Shawn
****
photo courtesy of: Jerrysjuicebar.com/blog09/2009

No comments: