~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Monday, February 27, 2012

I've been told I'm.....

.....eclectic.

I'm going to admit that's probably quite true about me. Although I have a few major interests, about which I can stay pretty focused, I have quite a few minor ones. In other words, there is much yet to learn in this lifetime.

When I saw this beautiful collage created by my longtime, sweet school-friend Debbie, I asked her if I could borrow it for our blog. It represents such a wonderful variety of wonderful, inspirational ideas, don't you think? I'm so glad she agreed to let me use it, because today I was sitting here feeling like I might have something to say, but couldn't quite land on any particular thought. Actually, I remember having some really nice conversations with her back in the day. She's always been a person who was cheerful, with a good attitude and wonderful sense of humor. I remember her lovely smile just lighting up the room and she always made me feel better about things when we took time to chat. It doesn't surprise me one bit to find her as nice a person as she was back then, and these pictures reflect that personality, to me. (Thanks, Deb!)

I don't have a lot of my own stuff to share, really. The stuff that I might need to really talk about wouldn't really be bloggable. (Hey, a new word?! LOL) I guess the biggest news I have right now is that I quit my job and am working on getting back into full-time domesticity (note I didn't mention the word 'goddess'-- that would be a bit optimistic at this point, and I don't want anyone getting the idea that I'm anywhere near full-on, full-tilt mojo). I enjoyed my desk job and loved working with my Man in our home office, but I'm really glad to be freed up to do and be more of what I used to think I was good at doing and being....

A sad note on the ex-job front is that we found out we lost a dear, wonderful lady over the weekend. Our friend was a super Human Resources Angel, and she all-of-a-sudden stepped into her next life, leaving behind a sweet family, and we grieve for and with them.

Goodbye, Beth.

Shawn
****

Photo courtesy of DSH ;~)

No comments: