~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, July 20, 2012

On Friday....

I wanted to blog about something lovely today.  It's a hot, summer Texas day and the Mr. and I have been down sick.  There's something extra dreadful about being sick in the summertime, but he took really great care of me and then when he got sick, he managed pretty well.  He might say I took care of him, seeing how he's nice and all that, but I really didn't.  I was still sick and he just got better.  It's good to have things closer to normal, I have to say. 

Last night while we lay in bed getting some actually restful sleep, a tragedy occurred in Aurora, Colorado.  Someone came into a theatre, tossed a couple of cannisters of noxious gas and started shooting.  At this time it's been reported that 12 people died and 59 others remain wounded.  I don't know why things like this happen, but it's horrible.  One might suppose that someone who had a successful academic record and was on his way to a Ph.D. wouldn't do something like that, but he apparently was in the process of changing directions and took a really wrong turn.  I'm less interested in the details of what was going on in his mind and why he did what he did, than I am in the lives of those who have been cut short or suspended in this nightmare.  It will take longer than forever to heal.

We offer our most sincere condolences and prayers for healing peace.

Shawn & SGTex
****

No comments: