~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Saturday, April 16, 2016

These days...

...it seems that what is usually going on is whatever fits in to a sleep/work cycle.  SGTex is the one with a whirlwind of activity, while I wait on myself to catch up with myself.  What does that mean?  Oh, just readjusting to a point where I can wrap my mind around life around here after a long (and I mean l-o-n-g) semi-recovery from my own personal brand of pneumonia.  That's not the least bit interesting, though.

Tonight I'm here at home being grateful for our little Love Shack in our funny little dog-filled neighborhood.  It's a somewhat typical Texas night with the somewhat typical night sounds to which I've become accustomed.  Certain neighbors seem to come and go and there's a distant bark and, if we're lucky, the song of a lonely male mockingbird not too far off.  It's probably not nearly as pleasant for him, singing his heart out after dark, as it is for me.  Nice to hear and nice to note it's ceased, and I am glad to know that he's found someone to love.

We have a pair of mourning doves nesting in the eaves over the bedroom and they'll coo in the middle of the night.  The pretty pigeons we hosted last spring seem to have moved next door.  I guess we have a gecko under the front yard's pecan and I'm always listening for crickets.

Hah.  My husband calls me Snow White for a reason, I guess.

Shawn
****

No comments: