~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Sunday, June 11, 2017

June sneaked up on me and...

...you wouldn't believe what's been going on at the Love Shack.

Earlier today I heard someone say that it wasn't a good idea to let yesterday's disappointments dictate tomorrow's decisions.

Or something like that.

Anyway, it gave me something to consider.  I have lots of time on my hands these days to do plenty of thinking, and I'm starting to wonder if that's a good idea.  I used to not mind alone time and enjoyed my own company, but that was when everything I loved doing was close by and I was being creative and doing just what I pleased, pretty much.  Other people were near by who shared the same interests and appreciated my gardening or efforts in the kitchen.  The antique dealers liked to see me coming because they'd obtained items with me in mind and I could be separated from my $$ pretty easily- haha!  Now the alone time is something I do not enjoy.  At all.

I think what I started to say was that rather than doing some of the things I love to do, I've been limited (for various reasons) to just thinking about them.  I can reminisce, wonder how to do them here in a totally different world (or so it seems to me) or plan on a future that seems far off in the distance.

Whatever happens, I am going to try and not let the past negatives have such an effect on the potential future.

Toodles!!

Shawn
****

No comments: