~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Monday, January 11, 2010

I didn't know we had Stellar's jays in Texas.....



We went out to lunch today and on our way home I spotted a pair of Stellar's jays in a nearby tree. I hadn't seen any of those since living in the Pacific Northwest, and admit I was really surprised and impressed by their high-color beauty. I had to come home and google to see if it was even possible they'd come here, but sure enough, some had been recently sighted in San Antonio. Well, I don't know why I'm going on about birds, except that they were awfully pretty and it was fun to see them.

Right now I'm waiting on the really neat plant stand SGTex has painted for the top of my etagere here in the office. It looks rather oriental and exotic, so I'm very impressed! We found it back in September at an antique shop when we were on vacation. Speaking of painting, he picked up a couple of books on furniture painting at the library today. It's about time I got re-inspired. That's something I really love to do. In fact, there are times when I could be persuaded to do just about nothing *but* that sort of thing...Maybe that's what SGTex had in mind....

The Christmas outdoor lights came down this evening and we finally took the wreath off the door. I was reluctant about that- it was so cute and festive out there. This house is just made for cozy holidays. Don't ask if we've taken down the tree yet....I said, don't ask....Maybe if we're lucky we'll get another snowfall before spring. I really was happy to see a white Christmas, all romantic and pretty.

I guess that's about it for now...Guess I'll go put some potatoes on to cook. He's got the steaks smothered in garlic, and has plans for some lovely fried green tomatoes.

Is your mouth watering? ;+P

Shawn
****

photo courtesy of: http://www.birdfinders.co.uk/images/stellers-jay-helen-california-2007

No comments: