~Living a life of sophisticated domestication deep in the heart of Texas~

Friday, June 14, 2013

A thought or two or three....

So, I'm sitting here listening to our music from the blog playlist.  I'm not so sure it's a great idea, since SGTex just took to the road for work and will be away for a few days.  If I listen too long, the songs are apt to make me crazy homesick for him ;~). 

What's been going on, lately?  We've been very busy with getting used to the new routine around here.  A 3-hour one-way roadtrip to get to work is something different, for sure.  The job is fun and he likes the people very much, so that's great.  Meanwhile, the Havanese and I keep ourselves busy and out of trouble, mostly ;~).  It's always a great day when the Mr comes home, and everybody goes to pieces!  Haha.  Since he just left, the pups are pouting.....

I've been keeping up with the bears.  The main focus for me this season is learning about the cubs, some of which are orphaned and being cared for by great people until they can be sent back into the forest.  It's fun to see them and their activities as they grow, but the joy that brings is tempered with the sadness of realizing that they're without their natural mothers.  People need to be more careful and slow down on country roads to watch out for bears, and please don't do stupid things which will orphan these sweet babies.....

What else is new?  Great news for special friends on a couple of continents is making June a happy month.  Another friend has suffered a huge loss and is dealing with tragedy.  Emotions high, emotions low....the love for these people is constant and I'm thankful that can be communicated via cyberspace.

Nothing else much to say, I guess.  Just a few rambling thoughts to drop off as I check in to see what's going on in the world of blog.  I hope everybody is having a good day or night and will make the most of the rest of the week.

Thanks for stopping by when you do. 

Namaste'........

Shawn
****

No comments: